Sunday, October 16, 2011

Seven weeks worth of classes to get to the point of being accepted as a full church member?

What could a Church possibly want of you as a new member that they would tie you up to a specific time and duration to study about becoming a new member of the church. I'm thinking that there are some politics going on here. For the life of me I can't seem to understand that since I was raised in the Baptist church and was Saved in a Baptist revival and I backslid in a Baptist church I understand the concept once a Christian always a Christian all you have to do is re-dedicate, now if this is true what the heck would take a person seven weeks to gain to become qualified for membership. My purpose was to become affiliated with a church that felt Biblical as I do and that's why I thought I joined a large church last week but it seems that wasn't the case so I must redouble my efforts to find an affable Church Home that will let me continue to be doing missionary work within the Biker Community, and not missing services there to redundantly go over matter that I learned forty years ago. I don't think it's changed. I'll try somewhere else as I visit around. I kind of like Pleasant Hill Baptist from what I've seen of them so far. The Gospel singing last week was superb and their food was delicious. I need to hear their preacher now.

No comments:

Post a Comment